Collagen is a great source of supplemental protein for people who are sensitive to whey or who are more focused on joint health and healing. I have two different collagen powders that I use: Upgraded Collagen (higher quality, more expensive) and Great Lakes (cheaper).
MCT oil is an extraction of two medium-chain triglycerides from coconut oil – capric and caprylic acid. Your body burns this fat very efficiently. The only MCT I’ve ever tried is the Upgraded MCT, which is 100% pure.
Makes 2 servings
- 2 cups bone broth
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons (20g) MCT oil (ramp up to this amount to let your belly adapt)
- 1/2 head romain lettuce
- 1/3 english cucumber
- 2 stalks celery
- a few sprigs of parsley
- 2 tablespoons collagen powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 an avocado
MORE OPTIONS FOR INGREDIENTS
- replace the cucumber with a small raw beet
- add a raw egg yolk
- try whey in place of collagen or leave out the protein entirely
- try spices like turmeric to taste
Put everything in the blender and switch it on. Depending on the quality of your blender you may have to chop things a bit smaller, our you can just chop for fun (my husband does this).