If you’re like Neal, you just need a pastry while you enjoy you’re morning coffee! Thanks for the recipe, Neal. It looks tasty.
Ingredients: (Makes 12)
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 3/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 1 can of pumpkin (or cook and puree pumpkin yourself)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2 pinches sea salt
- 1/4 cup raw honey (optional–I did not include)
- 2 tsp bacon fat
- 1/2 tsp melted coconut oil
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup broken pecans
- Preheat oven to 350℉.
- Line muffin tins with paper cups
- Mix all dry ingredients together (including pecans). Set aside.
- Gently beat eggs in separate bowl. Add remaining wet ingredients (except for blueberries) until mixed well.
- Slowly add dry ingredient mixture to wet ingredient bowl. Mix well. Add blueberries. Batter should be wet but stiff enough to drop onto a cookie sheet.
- Divide batter among 12 muffins. Batter should peak over muffin tin edge.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes on the middle rack or until tops are browned and toothpick comes out of muffins clean.