- 1lb. of organic, grass-fed beef
- 1/2 – 1 cup of veggies of your choice (mushrooms, carrots, onions, baby spinach, peppers…choose what you like!), chopped/finely pulsed in a food processor
- 2 tablespoon of coconut/ghee/olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 egg
- 4 – 5 slices of organic nitrate/nitrite-free bacon to top
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Heat fat coconut oil/ghee/olive oil (whichever you choose) over medium heat and add veggies to skillet.
- Saute veggies until almost tender. Remove from heat and let cool.
- In a bowl, beat the egg and mix in salt and pepper. Add ground beef and mix well by hand.
- Slowly incorporate the veggie mix to the ground beef.
- Once thoroughly mixed, place ground beef mixture into an ungreased loaf pan, patting down to ensure an even thickness.
- Top with bacon slices, slightly overlapping each other.
- Cook for 30-45 minutes, uncovered.
- Bacon will be crisp when it is done.
- Once cooking is done, tent lightly with foil, & let rest for 10 minutes before serving.